Life at one week since we brought West Howard Witort home has been great! I didn't expect to be able to say this but it really has been. I know I wont have time to write many of these posts but as West is asleep on my chest right now and I have the laptop on my lap I thought I'd give it a try. Here is what's going on with my two wonderful boys these days....
West is sleeping most of the time including long stretches of 4-4.5 hours at night. When he is awake he is calm and likes to be cozy. He weighs 7lbs 15 oz and is nursing very well. He sleeps next to us in the same hammock swing that Reed slept in with the same series of ocean sounds lulling us all to sleep.
Reed is an amazing older brother. Every morning he comes into our room and wants to "hold baby West" he does not freak out when West cries or gets upset, instead he asks "what's up baby West" or "you don't like that baby West?" He shows him his toys and reads him stories check out this video
Billy and I are constantly amazed at how sincerely happy Reed seems to be with this new addition to our family and so far are counting our blessings that this is the start of a life-long bond between them.
Our friends and family have been wonderful with praising Reed for his "important big brother role" and bringing him little gifts which make a big impact. Reed is talking up a storm.

No comments:
Post a Comment