Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Howa you?"

[Playing soccer with friend Edmund]

It has been so long since we've seen the sun in Berkeley that we were starting to forget what Summer felt like. So yesterday- on one of the only days above 75 degrees- the three of us spent the afternoon at a local lake in Berkeley. It was just what we needed! At this lake a very funny conversation occurred between Reed and a total stranger. Here's approximately how it happened and what was said...

Reed - "Hi"
Nice lady - "Hiiii"
R - "Hi"
NL - "Hello there" (nice lady starts to walk away)
R - "Howa you?"
NL - (nice lady stops, turns around, chuckles a bit) "Well I'm just fine. How are you?"
R - (with most flirtatious smile and head tilt) says nothing for a few seconds, then...."I fi" (which is I'm fine) then "You're funny"
NL- (uncontrollable laughter) Well I think you are funny too and such a sweet polite young boy
R - (still flirtatious smiling) "Bye bye"
NL - "Bye bye"

Billy and I - (laughing and a little proud) "I think that was his first initiated conversation with a complete stranger"

No comments: