[Dance party- babies L to R Beck (with mom Jen), Alita (with mom Kir), Lucy (with dad Tony), Reed (with "auntie" Shelley)]
Last night we went to a movie with Reed, Paul and Sherry who are recently back in town for a few months. Reed was happy and playful in his grandma's arms and then after a quick feed, fell fast asleep. He remained asleep the whole car ride home and after we put his car seat in his room. Around 10pm he started to wake up so I fed him and B got some great cuddle time with him in his tired state. We put him down in his crib and within minutes he was asleep and stayed asleep until 6am! Every parent says not to count on this sleep pattern for long, but we'll take whatever we can get!
With all the new foods we have been trying over the last few weeks, poor kid is a little constipated. He strains, grunts, and tightens his muscles to pass a stool. According to the doctor this is pretty normal and as a remedy we are giving him prunes and pears. Just like all the other foods he has tried, he inhales these new fruits so we are hoping he will be regular again real soon.
We celebrated cousin Elliott's 3rd b-day last Monday and for his presents got him some plants and a watering can to get his new garden going. For Christmas Billy built them a planter box and Elliott was very excited to start a garden of things he can eat and watch grow. Now that grandma Sherry is back in town, it's the perfect time to get that started! Pictures to come....
Finally, I am on a short hiatus from job due to complications with administering the grant that will pay for my salary. This means I am not working until Feb 23 and am home with Reed (again). I liked the week and half I worked and look forward to going back, but I love being home with Reed in the meantime. In addition to playing, dancing, reading, talking, singing and cuddling (all of which we do a lot these days), I am learning to knit while he naps and I love it!
signing off...

No comments:
Post a Comment