Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sophie the Giraffe and more....

Reed is almost 4 months and has discovered the joy of grabbing anything he can, and bringing it directly to his mouth. One of his favorite things to hold (besides his other hand) is this silly rubber toy giraffe who is French and came with the name Sophie. Our sister-in-law Helen gave it to him and I remember her saying you'll be surprised how much he'll love it! So the other day I squeaked it for him and he erupted in laughter. Next he reached out for it and quickly he was able to hold on to one of the many easy-to-grab body parts and start exploring it with his mouth. Here are some pictures to capture some of his new skills and his new found love for Sophie..




In other Reed news....I have begun to swaddle him with one arm free. He seems to like having his arm out during naps now that he has a little more control of it. He still likes a full swaddle at night, but during his naps, giving him one arm free seems preferable.

His smiles are infectious! He is such a smiley kid, everyone says so, and it melts our hearts to see him smile at just about anyone he meets. He is very social and sometimes even a bit of a flirt. It is so funny to see people - even strangers -light up and start to make really silly smiley faces and noises at him because he gives them such a great response with his smiles and giggles back.

He is rolling over from his tummy to back but has not tried the other way yet. He sits up in his bumpo chair and if I try to sit him up on his own he becomes super yoga baby and folds in half.

He is curious about everything and can now follow me with his eyes from across the room. He talks all the time and seems to be developing a few growling sounds that either mean “I want that” (usually the breast) or “listen to me make this funny noise” (because he often laughs after making it). I will try to capture that on video sometime, it’s hilarious!

More pictures posted on smugmug

1 comment:

Karen C. said...

Those pix are so cute! He loves the camera! Funny how universal Sophie is. Every baby I know has gone through a Sophie phase.